When I Want Justice Now

 When I Want Justice Now

GOOD MORNING WITH GOD | Psalm 119, Eight Verses at a Time #16
AYIN ע | Psalm 119:121–128


There are moments when waiting for justice feels harder than enduring the wrong itself.

When something feels unfair, I want clarity.

I want the truth to be seen.

I want what is wrong to be corrected.

And if I am completely honest, sometimes I want God to move according to my timing.

That is why Psalm 119:121–128 feels so personal.

The psalmist says:

“I have done what is righteous and just;
do not leave me to my oppressors.”

— Psalm 119:121

He is not speaking vaguely.

He believes something wrong is happening.

And he asks God to intervene.

“Ensure Your Servant’s Well-Being”

Verse 122 says:

“Ensure your servant’s well-being;
do not let the arrogant oppress me.”

There is something almost legal in this language.

The psalmist is asking God to stand for him.

To guarantee his protection.

To become his advocate.

That image comforts me.

Because when I feel misunderstood or treated unfairly, I can become consumed with proving my case.

Explaining.

Defending.

Collecting evidence.

Replaying the situation in my mind.

Sometimes those actions are necessary.

But this passage reminds me that there is also a deeper place to bring injustice:

God sees.

Not vaguely.

Not partially.

Completely.

My Eyes Can Grow Tired Waiting

Verse 123 says:

“My eyes fail, looking for your salvation,
looking for your righteous promise.”

Again, the psalmist is waiting.

Not casually.

His eyes are tired from watching.

I understand that image.

There are times when I keep waiting for a situation to become clear.

For truth to surface.

For someone to recognize what happened.

For God to bring resolution.

And waiting itself begins to exhaust me.

Maybe this is one of the hardest tensions of faith:

I believe God is just, but I do not always see justice quickly.

“Deal With Your Servant According to Your Love”

Then verse 124 shifts the tone:

“Deal with your servant according to your love
and teach me your decrees.”

I find that beautiful.

The psalmist has just asked God to act against injustice.

But then he asks God to deal with him according to love.

That changes the posture.

He is not only saying:

“God, fix them.”

He is also saying:

“God, teach me.”

That matters to me.

Because when I feel wronged, it is easy to become completely focused on the other person.

What they did.

What they should admit.

How they should change.

But perhaps justice and self-examination can exist together.

I can ask God to address what is wrong without assuming there is nothing He needs to teach me.

“Give Me Discernment”

Verse 125 says:

“I am your servant; give me discernment
that I may understand your statutes.”

This may be the verse I need most when I feel angry about something unfair.

Give me discernment.

Because strong emotion can make everything feel obvious.

I may think:

I know exactly what happened.

I know their motive.

I know what should happen next.

But pain can narrow vision.

Anger can make certainty feel stronger than wisdom.

So even when I believe I am right, I still need discernment.

Not only:

“Lord, defend me.”

But:

“Lord, help me see clearly.”

“It Is Time for You to Act”

Then comes verse 126:

“It is time for you to act, LORD;
your law is being broken.”

This is such a bold prayer.

The psalmist is essentially saying:

God, please intervene.

I am grateful Scripture gives us permission to pray that way.

There are times when evil should not be minimized.

When injustice should not be spiritualized away.

When the faithful response is not simply:

Be quiet. Be nice. Endure everything.

Sometimes we should ask:

Lord, act.

Bring truth into the light.

Protect the vulnerable.

Stop what is wrong.

Restore what has been damaged.

But the important thing is who the psalmist asks to act.

God.

He does not appoint himself as the final judge.

Justice Without Becoming Consumed by It

This is where I feel challenged.

Can I desire justice without letting injustice become the center of my heart?

Can I take appropriate action without becoming consumed by revenge?

Can I speak truth without allowing bitterness to shape who I become?

Can I ask God to act while trusting that His timing and judgment may not look exactly like mine?

That is difficult.

Especially when I feel certain that I have been wronged.

But perhaps this passage gives me a better prayer:

Lord, act where action is needed.
And teach me while I wait.

More Precious Than Gold

The final verses say:

“Because I love your commands
more than gold, more than pure gold,
and because I consider all your precepts right,
I hate every wrong path.”

— Psalm 119:127–128

This is striking.

The psalmist’s desire for justice is not rooted only in personal injury.

He loves what is right because he loves God’s Word.

That is an important distinction.

Justice should not merely mean:

“I want things to go my way.”

Biblical justice asks:

What is true?

What is right before God?

What protects what is good?

What refuses what is evil?

And perhaps that is why he needs God’s Word so much.

Because my personal sense of justice can easily become tangled with pride, anger, and self-interest.

God’s Word keeps calling me back to something higher.

When I Want Justice Now

This passage does not tell me to ignore injustice.

It gives me language to bring it to God.

Do not leave me to oppression.

Protect me.

Act.

But also:

Teach me.

Give me discernment.

Deal with me according to Your love.

Maybe that balance is what I need.

Courage without vengeance.

Truth without pride.

Action without losing trust.

Justice without allowing bitterness to become my master.

A Question to Carry With Me

When I ask God for justice, am I also willing to ask Him for discernment, correction, and patience while I wait?

One Small Practice

Think of one situation that still feels unfair.

Write two short prayers.

First:

“Lord, this is what I believe is wrong. Please act according to Your justice.”

Then:

“Lord, while I wait, show me anything I need to see in myself.”

Hold both prayers together.

A Small Prayer

Lord,

You see what is true.

You see what has been done openly and what has been hidden.

When something is wrong, give me courage not to pretend that it is right.

Protect me where I need protection.

Bring truth into the light.

Act where justice is needed.

But while I wait, keep my heart from becoming consumed by anger.

Give me discernment.

Teach me Your ways.

Correct me where I need correction.

Help me act with wisdom, speak truth with humility, and trust You with what I cannot control.

Let my desire for justice come from love for what is right, not merely from wounded pride.

And when I want You to move immediately, teach me to remain Your servant even in the waiting.

Amen.


Next — PE פ | Psalm 119:129–136
What happens when God’s Word does more than guide me—when it actually gives light to the way I understand?

Editorial Note
This post reflects my personal Bible study and faith journey as I slowly read Psalm 119, eight verses at a time. I use AI as a creative tool to help organize my thoughts, refine my English, and assist with some illustrations. It is not a substitute for Scripture or pastoral or theological guidance. I encourage readers to return to the biblical text itself, read the passage in context, and reflect carefully for themselves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.