How Do I Say “I’ll Take It One Step at a Time” in Four Languages?

 How Do I Say “I’ll Take It One Step at a Time” in Four Languages?



HappyKay Language Journal · September 12, 2026
Korean · French · Chinese · Spanish

After practicing rest and grace, today we gently move forward:

I’ll take it one step at a time.

🇰🇷 KOREAN

Everyday Phrase

한 번에 하나씩 할게요.
Hahn bun-eh hah-nah-ssik hahl-geh-yo.

Meaning: I’ll do one thing at a time.

Vocabulary

한 번에 · hahn bun-eh · at one time
하나씩 · hah-nah-ssik · one by one
천천히 · chun-chun-hee · slowly
시작하다 · shee-jah-kah-dah · to begin

Grammar

–(으)ㄹ게요 · eul/uhl-geh-yo expresses the speaker’s intention or gentle promise.

Practice

오늘은 중요한 일부터 할게요.
Oh-nuh-run joong-yo-hahn eel-boo-tuh hahl-geh-yo.

Meaning: Today, I’ll do the important task first.

🇫🇷 FRENCH

Everyday Phrase

Je vais avancer une étape à la fois.
Zhuh vay ah-vahn-SAY ewn ay-TAP ah lah fwah.

Meaning: I’m going to move forward one step at a time.

Vocabulary

avancer · ah-vahn-SAY · to move forward
une étape · ewn ay-TAP · a step or stage
à la fois · ah lah fwah · at a time
doucement · doos-MAHN · gently / slowly

Grammar

aller + infinitive expresses the near future.

je vais avancer · zhuh vay ah-vahn-SAY · I’m going to move forward

Practice

Aujourd’hui, je vais commencer par l’essentiel.
Oh-zhoor-DWEE, zhuh vay koh-mahn-SAY par less-ahn-SYEL.

Meaning: Today, I’m going to begin with what matters most.

🇨🇳 CHINESE

Everyday Phrase

我会一步一步来。

Pinyin: Wǒ huì yí bù yí bù lái.
Read it: Woh hway yee boo yee boo lie.

Meaning: I’ll take it one step at a time.

Vocabulary

一步 · yí bù · yee boo · one step
慢慢 · mànmàn · mahn-mahn · slowly
开始 · kāishǐ · kye-shir · to begin
继续 · jìxù · jee-shyoo · to continue

Grammar

会 + verb · huì + verb · hway + verb can express future intention.

Repeating 一步 · yí bù · yee boo gives the sense of gradual progress: step by step.

Practice

今天我先做最重要的事。

Pinyin: Jīntiān wǒ xiān zuò zuì zhòngyào de shì.
Read it: Jeen-tyen woh shyen dzwoh dzway johng-yaow duh shir.

Meaning: Today, I’ll do the most important thing first.

🇪🇸 SPANISH

Everyday Phrase

Voy a ir paso a paso.
Boy ah eer PAH-soh ah PAH-soh.

Meaning: I’m going to take it one step at a time.

Vocabulary

ir · eer · to go
paso · PAH-soh · step
despacio · des-PAH-syoh · slowly
empezar · em-peh-SAR · to begin

Grammar

ir a + infinitive expresses what someone is going to do.

voy a ir · boy ah eer · I’m going to go

Practice

Hoy voy a empezar por lo más importante.
Oy boy ah em-peh-SAR por loh mahs eem-por-TAHN-teh.

Meaning: Today, I’m going to start with what matters most.

🌿 Today’s Thought

I do not need to finish everything at once. Faithful progress can begin with one clear, manageable step.

Editorial Note

This journal reflects my personal learning and reflection. I use AI as a creative tool to help organize my thoughts, refine my English, and support some visual creation. Pronunciation guides are intentionally simplified for beginner learners, so I encourage readers to listen to native pronunciation and consult original language resources as they continue learning.

Learn a little. Reflect a little. Grow every day.
— HappyKay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.