How Do I Say “I Need a Little More Time” in Four Languages?
How Do I Say “I Need a Little More Time” in Four Languages?
HappyKay Language Journal · September 13, 2026 · Lesson 2
Korean · French · Chinese · Spanish
Yesterday we practiced taking life one step at a time. Today, we’re building naturally from that lesson with a useful phrase for everyday life:
I need a little more time.
Sometimes slowing down is not procrastination. A little extra time can help us think more clearly, pray before responding, and make a wiser decision.
🇰🇷 KOREAN
Everyday Phrase
시간이 조금 더 필요해요.
Shee-gah-nee joh-geum duh pee-ryoh-hae-yo.
Meaning: I need a little more time.
Vocabulary
시간 · shee-gahn · time
조금 · joh-geum · a little
더 · duh · more
필요하다 · pee-ryoh-hah-dah · to need
Grammar
이/가 필요해요 · ee/gah pee-ryoh-hae-yo means that something is needed.
Here, 시간이 필요해요 · shee-gah-nee pee-ryoh-hae-yo means “I need time.”
Adding 조금 더 · joh-geum duh gives us “a little more.”
Practice Sentence
생각한 후에 결정할게요.
Saeng-gah-kahn hoo-eh gyul-jung-hahl-geh-yo.
Meaning: I’ll decide after thinking about it.
Smile Fact: 조금만요! · joh-geum-mahn-yo means “Just a moment!” It’s a very handy expression when you need someone to wait briefly.
🇫🇷 FRENCH
Everyday Phrase
J’ai besoin d’un peu plus de temps.
Zhay buh-ZWAN dun puh ploo duh tahn.
Meaning: I need a little more time.
Vocabulary
besoin · buh-ZWAN · need
un peu · uhn puh · a little
plus · ploo · more
le temps · luh tahn · time
Grammar
avoir besoin de · ah-VWAHR buh-ZWAN duh means “to need.”
J’ai besoin de… · zhay buh-ZWAN duh means “I need…”
For example:
J’ai besoin de temps.
Zhay buh-ZWAN duh tahn.
I need time.
Practice Sentence
Je vais réfléchir avant de décider.
Zhuh vay ray-flay-SHEER ah-vahn duh day-see-DAY.
Meaning: I’m going to think before deciding.
Smile Fact: Prends ton temps. · Prahn tohn tahn. means “Take your time.” It’s a lovely phrase to hear when you don’t want to feel rushed.
🇨🇳 CHINESE
Everyday Phrase
我还需要一点时间。
Pinyin: Wǒ hái xūyào yìdiǎn shíjiān.
Read it: Woh high shyoo-yaow yee-dyen shir-jyen.
Meaning: I need a little more time.
Vocabulary
还 · hái · high · still / additionally
需要 · xūyào · shyoo-yaow · to need
一点 · yìdiǎn · yee-dyen · a little
时间 · shíjiān · shir-jyen · time
Grammar
还 + verb
Pinyin: hái + verb
Read it: high + verb
This can express “still” or the idea of needing something additionally.
So:
还需要
Pinyin: hái xūyào
Read it: high shyoo-yaow
Meaning: still need / need some more
Practice Sentence
我明天再决定。
Pinyin: Wǒ míngtiān zài juédìng.
Read it: Woh ming-tyen dz-eye jweh-ding.
Meaning: I’ll decide tomorrow.
Smile Fact: 慢慢来。
Pinyin: Mànmàn lái.
Read it: Mahn-mahn lie.
Meaning: Take it slowly / There’s no need to rush.
It’s a wonderfully useful little expression—and it fits perfectly with yesterday’s one step at a time practice.
🇪🇸 SPANISH
Everyday Phrase
Necesito un poco más de tiempo.
Neh-seh-SEE-toh oon POH-koh mahs deh TYEM-poh.
Meaning: I need a little more time.
Vocabulary
necesitar · neh-seh-see-TAR · to need
un poco · oon POH-koh · a little
más · mahs · more
tiempo · TYEM-poh · time
Grammar
necesitar + noun expresses what someone needs.
For example:
Necesito tiempo.
Neh-seh-SEE-toh TYEM-poh.
I need time.
Add un poco más de · oon POH-koh mahs deh and we get the idea of “a little more.”
Practice Sentence
Voy a pensarlo antes de decidir.
Boy ah pen-SAR-loh AHN-tehs deh deh-see-DEER.
Meaning: I’m going to think about it before deciding.
Smile Fact: Tómate tu tiempo. · TOH-mah-teh too TYEM-poh. means “Take your time.”
🌿 Today’s Reflection
Yesterday:
One step at a time.
Today:
I need a little more time.
I like how these two lessons belong together.
Not every decision needs an immediate answer. Not every problem needs to be solved today. And not every pause means I am falling behind.
Sometimes I need enough time to think clearly.
Enough time to listen.
Enough time to pray.
Enough time to separate my first reaction from the response I actually want to give.
There is a difference between endlessly avoiding a decision and giving myself enough space to make a thoughtful one.
Today I want to practice that difference.
Take one step. Pause when needed. Think carefully. Pray quietly. Then move forward.
🙏 Small Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for reminding me that I do not have to rush through every decision.
Give me wisdom to know when it is time to act and when I need a little more time to think, listen, and pray.
Help me not to confuse rushing with progress.
Teach me to move faithfully, patiently, and thoughtfully through the responsibilities in front of me today.
And when I need to say, “I need a little more time,” help me say it with confidence, kindness, and wisdom.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
— HappyKay
Editorial Note
This journal reflects my personal learning and reflection. I use AI as a creative tool to help organize my thoughts, refine my English, and support some visual creation. Pronunciation guides are intentionally simplified for beginner learners, so I encourage readers to listen to native pronunciation and consult original language resources as they continue learning. For faith reflections, I encourage readers to return to Scripture itself, read passages in context, and reflect prayerfully for themselves.
Learn a little. Reflect a little. Grow every day.
Comments
Post a Comment