When I Need Patience, How Do I Say “God Is Patient With Me” in Three Languages?
When I Need Patience, How Do I Say “God Is Patient With Me” in Three Languages?
French · Chinese · Spanish · Faith-Based Daily Learning
Scripture for Today
“Christ Jesus might display his immense patience.”
— 1 Timothy 1:16
Good morning.
Today’s thought grows naturally from Paul’s words in 1 Timothy. He looks at his own life and sees not only mercy, but the extraordinary patience of Christ.
That gives me a sentence worth carrying into an ordinary Friday:
God is patient with me.
And perhaps remembering His patience can make me a little more patient—with myself, with other people, and with the unfinished parts of life.
🟦 FRENCH
Today’s Phrase
Dieu est patient avec moi.
Dyuh eh pah-syahn ah-VEK mwah.
🔊 Dieu est patient avec moi.
Meaning: God is patient with me.
Grammar
être patient avec + person
= to be patient with someone
est · eh · is
patient · pah-syahn · patient
avec moi · ah-VEK mwah · with me
So:
Dieu + est patient + avec moi.
God + is patient + with me.
Vocabulary
Dieu · Dyuh · God
patient · pah-syahn · patient
avec · ah-VEK · with
moi · mwah · me
la patience · lah pah-syahns · patience
attendre · ah-TAHN-druh · to wait
doucement · doos-MAHN · gently / slowly
Practice Sentence
J’apprends à être patiente.
Zhah-PRAHN ah et-ruh pah-SYAHNT.
Meaning: I am learning to be patient.
A Word to Keep: patience · pah-syahns · patience
Today’s Thought: I can grow without rushing myself.
Smile Fact: French speakers sometimes say Petit à petit (puh-TEE tah puh-TEE)—“little by little.” It is a lovely expression for slow, steady progress.
🟥 CHINESE
Today’s Phrase
神对我有耐心。
Pinyin: Shén duì wǒ yǒu nàixīn.
Shun dway woh yoh nye-sheen.
🔊 神对我有耐心。
Meaning: God is patient with me.
Grammar
A useful Chinese pattern is:
对 + person + 有耐心
duì + person + yǒu nàixīn
= to be patient with someone
对我 · duì wǒ · dway woh · toward me / with me
有 · yǒu · yoh · to have
耐心 · nàixīn · nye-sheen · patience
Literally, the sentence is close to:
God has patience toward me.
Natural English:
God is patient with me.
Vocabulary
神 · Shén · Shun · God
对 · duì · dway · toward / regarding
我 · wǒ · woh · I / me
有 · yǒu · yoh · to have
耐心 · nàixīn · nye-sheen · patience
等待 · děngdài · dung-dye · to wait
慢慢 · mànmàn · mahn-mahn · slowly / gradually
Practice Sentence
我要学习有耐心。
Pinyin: Wǒ yào xuéxí yǒu nàixīn.
Woh yaow shweh-shee yoh nye-sheen.
Meaning: I want to learn to be patient.
A Word to Keep: 耐心 · nàixīn · nye-sheen · patience
Today’s Thought: Not everything that grows slowly is going wrong.
Smile Fact: 慢慢来 (mànmàn lái) · mahn-mahn lie is a wonderfully useful Chinese expression meaning roughly “Take your time” or “Do it gradually.”
🟨 SPANISH
Today’s Phrase
Dios es paciente conmigo.
DEE-ohs es pah-SYEN-teh kohn-MEE-goh.
🔊 Dios es paciente conmigo.
Meaning: God is patient with me.
Grammar
Spanish uses:
ser paciente con + person
= to be patient with someone
es · es · is
paciente · pah-SYEN-teh · patient
conmigo · kohn-MEE-goh · with me
Notice that Spanish does not say con mí here.
It uses the special word:
conmigo = with me
Vocabulary
Dios · DEE-ohs · God
paciente · pah-SYEN-teh · patient
conmigo · kohn-MEE-goh · with me
paciencia · pah-SYEN-syah · patience
esperar · es-peh-RAHR · to wait
aprender · ah-pren-DEHR · to learn
despacio · des-PAH-syoh · slowly
Practice Sentence
Estoy aprendiendo a tener paciencia.
Es-TOY ah-pren-DYEN-doh ah teh-NEHR pah-SYEN-syah.
Meaning: I am learning to be patient.
A Word to Keep: paciencia · pah-SYEN-syah · patience
Today’s Thought: Patience can be something I practice, not simply something I either have or do not have.
Smile Fact: Poco a poco (POH-koh ah POH-koh) means “little by little.” It is one of those simple Spanish expressions that feels useful for language learning—and life.
🌿 Life Reflection
Today’s three sentences:
Dieu est patient avec moi.
Dyuh eh pah-syahn ah-VEK mwah.
神对我有耐心。
Shén duì wǒ yǒu nàixīn.
Shun dway woh yoh nye-sheen.
Dios es paciente conmigo.
DEE-ohs es pah-SYEN-teh kohn-MEE-goh.
God is patient with me.
I sometimes think patience means simply waiting without complaining.
But today I notice something deeper in 1 Timothy 1:16.
Paul looks back at his life and sees Christ’s patience.
That means patience can make room for someone to change.
It does not call wrong things right. It does not mean that growth is unnecessary. But it reminds me that God can work with a life that is still unfinished.
I like that thought.
There are things I am still learning. Habits I am still practicing. Relationships in which I am still learning how to speak wisely and love well. Even three new languages require repetition, mistakes, forgetting, and beginning again.
So perhaps I can stop treating every imperfect attempt as evidence that I am failing.
I can correct something and continue.
I can apologize and continue.
I can practice again and continue.
And because Christ has shown patience toward me, I can try to give a little more of it away today.
Little by little.
Word by word.
Prayer by prayer.
Keep growing.
🙏 Small Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for Your patience with me.
Thank You for continuing to teach me even when I learn slowly, forget what I know, or need to begin again.
Give me patience with the people around me and wisdom to know when to wait, when to speak, and when to act.
Help me also to be patient with the good work You are still doing in my own life.
Today, let me learn without rushing, correct myself without discouragement, and treat others with the grace I have received from You.
Little by little, keep shaping my heart.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
— HappyKay
Comments
Post a Comment