When I Feel Weak, How Do I Say “God Gives Me Strength” in Three Languages?

 When I Feel Weak, How Do I Say “God Gives Me Strength” in Three Languages?

HappyKay Language Journal · August 12, 2026
French · Chinese · Spanish

Scripture for Today

“Christ Jesus our Lord… has given me strength.”
— 1 Timothy 1:12

Some mornings I feel ready for the day. Other mornings, strength seems to arrive only after I begin.

Today’s three-language sentence is a small reminder that I do not have to manufacture all the strength I need by myself:

God gives me strength.


🟦 FRENCH

Today’s Phrase

Dieu me donne de la force.

Dyuh muh dun duh lah fors.

🔊 Audio: Dieu me donne de la force.

Meaning: God gives me strength.

Grammar

donner · doh-NAY · to give

A useful French pattern is:

donner + something + à someone
= to give something to someone

But when the person receiving comes before the verb, French uses a small pronoun:

me donne · muh dun · gives me

So:

Dieu + me donne + de la force
God + gives me + strength

Vocabulary

Dieu · Dyuh · God
donner · doh-NAY · to give
me · muh · me
la force · lah fors · strength
la foi · lah fwah · faith
le courage · luh koo-RAHZH · courage

Practice Sentence

Avec Dieu, je peux continuer.

Ah-VEK Dyuh, zhuh puh kon-tee-new-AY.

Meaning: With God, I can keep going.

A Word to Keep: force · fors · strength

Today’s Thought: I do not need tomorrow’s strength today. I can receive what I need for this moment.

Smile Fact: French courage! is something you can say to encourage someone—almost like saying, “Hang in there!” or “You’ve got this!”


🟥 CHINESE

Today’s Phrase

神赐给我力量。

Pinyin: Shén cì gěi wǒ lìliàng.

Shun tsuh gay woh lee-lyahng.

🔊 Audio: 神赐给我力量。

Meaning: God gives me strength.

Grammar

A helpful pattern is:

给 + person + something
gěi + person + something
= give something to someone

Here we have:

赐给 · cì gěi · tsuh gay · to bestow / give

· Shén · Shun · God
赐给我 · cì gěi wǒ · tsuh gay woh · gives to me
力量 · lìliàng · lee-lyahng · strength

神赐给我力量。
God gives me strength.

Vocabulary

· Shén · Shun · God
赐给 · cì gěi · tsuh gay · to give / bestow
· wǒ · woh · I / me
力量 · lìliàng · lee-lyahng · strength
信心 · xìnxīn · sheen-sheen · faith
勇气 · yǒngqì · yohng-chee · courage

Practice Sentence

靠着神,我可以继续前行。

Pinyin: Kàozhe Shén, wǒ kěyǐ jìxù qiánxíng.

Kaow-juh Shun, woh kuh-yee jee-shyoo chyen-sheeng.

Meaning: Relying on God, I can keep moving forward.

A Word to Keep: 力量 · lìliàng · lee-lyahng · strength

Today’s Thought: Strength does not always look dramatic. Sometimes it simply means faithfully taking the next step.

Smile Fact: 加油! (jiāyóu) · jyah-yoh literally relates to “adding fuel,” but in everyday Chinese it is a wonderfully common way to cheer someone on: “Keep going!”


🟨 SPANISH

Today’s Phrase

Dios me da fuerza.

DEE-ohs meh dah FWEHR-sah.

🔊 Audio: Dios me da fuerza.

Meaning: God gives me strength.

Grammar

dar · dahr · to give

For él/ella/Dios, dar becomes:

da · dah · gives

And:

me da · meh dah · gives me

So the sentence is beautifully simple:

Dios + me da + fuerza
God + gives me + strength

Vocabulary

Dios · DEE-ohs · God
dar · dahr · to give
me · meh · me
fuerza · FWEHR-sah · strength
fe · feh · faith
valor · bah-LOR · courage

Practice Sentence

Con Dios, puedo seguir adelante.

Kohn DEE-ohs, PWEH-doh seh-GEER ah-deh-LAHN-teh.

Meaning: With God, I can keep moving forward.

A Word to Keep: fuerza · FWEHR-sah · strength

Today’s Thought: I can move forward gently. Faithfulness does not require me to rush.

Smile Fact: Spanish speakers often say ¡Ánimo! (AH-nee-moh) to encourage someone. Depending on the moment, it can feel like “Take heart,” “Cheer up,” or “Keep going.”


🌿 Life Reflection

Dieu me donne de la force.
神赐给我力量。
Dios me da fuerza.

Three languages. One reminder:

God gives me strength.

Paul thanked Jesus not because Paul had always been strong or had always gotten things right. In 1 Timothy 1, he openly remembered his past—and then pointed to the mercy and strength he had received from Christ.

That encourages me.

Maybe strength is not always feeling confident.

Sometimes strength is praying when I am tired.

Sometimes it is choosing a kind response when another response would be easier.

Sometimes it is returning to something I am still learning.

And sometimes it is simply saying:

Lord, I need Your strength for this next step.

I do not need to prove that I am strong.

I can receive strength.

I can practice faith.

And then I can quietly keep going.

Receive strength.
Practice faith.
Take the next step.
Leave tomorrow with God.

🙏 Small Prayer

Heavenly Father,

Thank You that I do not have to depend only on my own strength.

When I feel tired, uncertain, or discouraged, remind me that I can turn to You.

Give me strength for what belongs to today, wisdom for the decisions in front of me, and patience for the things that still take time.

Help me walk faithfully, speak kindly, learn with curiosity, and love the people around me well.

May the strength You give me become quiet courage for this day.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.

— HappyKay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.