What Does “I Trust God” Sound Like in Three Languages?

HappyKay Language Journal · August 9, 2026
French · Chinese · Spanish · Faith-Based Daily Learning


Today I’m learning how to say ‘I trust God’ in French, Chinese, and Spanish.


Scripture for Today


“The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.”
— 1 Timothy 1:5

Good morning, my friend.

Yesterday, I practiced speaking with love. Today, my attention stayed with the last two words of this verse:

sincere faith.

Faith does not always have to look impressive. Sometimes it is simply choosing to trust God again in an ordinary moment—when I do not know what will happen next, when plans change, or when I need to take one small faithful step.

So today, I’m learning how to say one simple thought in three languages:

I trust God each day.


🟦 FRENCH

Today’s Phrase

Je fais confiance à Dieu chaque jour.

Pronunciation: Zhuh feh kon-fee-AHNS ah Dyuh shahk zhoor.

Meaning: I trust God each day.

Grammar

faire confiance à (fair kon-fee-AHNS ah) = to trust

Je fais confiance (zhuh feh kon-fee-AHNS) = I trust
à Dieu (ah Dyuh) = in God / God
chaque jour (shahk zhoor) = each day / every day

French does not translate the English verb trust word-for-word here. A natural expression is faire confiance à quelqu’unto trust someone.

Vocabulary

je · zhuh · I
fais · feh · do / make
confiance · kon-fee-AHNS · trust
Dieu · Dyuh · God
chaque · shahk · each
jour · zhoor · day

Practice Sentence

Ma foi grandit chaque jour.

Pronunciation: Mah fwah grahn-DEE shahk zhoor.

Meaning: My faith grows each day.

A Word to Keep: foi · fwah · faith

Today’s Thought: Faith does not have to grow dramatically. One small act of trust today is still growth.

Smile Fact: foi (fwah) means faith, while fois (fwah) can mean time, as in “three times.” They sound alike even though their meanings are quite different.


🟥 CHINESE

Today’s Phrase

我每天信靠神。

Pinyin: Wǒ měitiān xìnkào Shén.

Pronunciation: Woh may-tyen sheen-kaow Shun.

Meaning: I trust God every day.

Grammar

Chinese time expressions often come before the verb.

· wǒ · woh · I
每天 · měitiān · may-tyen · every day
信靠 · xìnkào · sheen-kaow · trust / rely on
· Shén · Shun · God

So the sentence follows this pattern:

我 + 每天 + 信靠 + 神

wǒ + měitiān + xìnkào + Shén

woh + may-tyen + sheen-kaow + Shun

I + every day + trust + God

Vocabulary

· wǒ · woh · I
每天 · měitiān · may-tyen · every day
信靠 · xìnkào · sheen-kaow · trust / rely on
· Shén · Shun · God
信心 · xìnxīn · sheen-sheen · faith / confidence
成长 · chéngzhǎng · chung-jahng · grow / develop

Practice Sentence

我的信心每天成长。

Pinyin: Wǒ de xìnxīn měitiān chéngzhǎng.

Pronunciation: Woh duh sheen-sheen may-tyen chung-jahng.

Meaning: My faith grows every day.

A Word to Keep: 信心 · xìnxīn · sheen-sheen · faith / confidence

Today’s Thought: Trust can be practiced. Each time I bring a worry back to God, I am practicing where to place my confidence.

Smile Fact: 信心 (xìnxīn · sheen-sheen) can mean faith or confidence. The character (xīn · sheen) means heart and appears in many Chinese words connected with feelings and the inner life.


🟨 SPANISH

Today’s Phrase

Confío en Dios cada día.

Pronunciation: Kohn-FEE-oh en DEE-ohs KAH-dah DEE-ah.

Meaning: I trust God each day.

Grammar

confiar en (kohn-fee-AR en) = to trust in

confío (kohn-FEE-oh) = I trust
en Dios (en DEE-ohs) = in God
cada día (KAH-dah DEE-ah) = each day

The subject yo (yoh) is not necessary because confío already tells us that the speaker means I trust.

Vocabulary

confío · kohn-FEE-oh · I trust
en · en · in
Dios · DEE-ohs · God
cada · KAH-dah · each
día · DEE-ah · day
fe · feh · faith
crece · KREH-seh · grows

Practice Sentence

Mi fe crece cada día.

Pronunciation: Mee feh KREH-seh KAH-dah DEE-ah.

Meaning: My faith grows each day.

A Word to Keep: fe · feh · faith

Today’s Thought: I may not know what tomorrow will bring, but today gives me another opportunity to trust God.

Smile Fact: fe (feh), the Spanish word for faith, has only two letters. Sometimes a very small word can carry a very large meaning.


🌿 Life Reflection

Today I learned:

French: Je fais confiance à Dieu chaque jour.
Zhuh feh kon-fee-AHNS ah Dyuh shahk zhoor.

Chinese: 我每天信靠神。
Wǒ měitiān xìnkào Shén.
Woh may-tyen sheen-kaow Shun.

Spanish: Confío en Dios cada día.
Kohn-FEE-oh en DEE-ohs KAH-dah DEE-ah.

Three languages. One small practice:

Trust God today.

Sometimes I imagine strong faith as something I should already possess in full. But perhaps sincere faith can also be something practiced quietly.

When I do not know the answer, I can still pray. When plans change, I can still trust. When I make a mistake, I can return to God. And when nothing remarkable seems to be happening, I can still be faithful in the small responsibilities in front of me.

Paul’s words in 1 Timothy bring together a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith.

They remind me that faith is not simply something I say I have. It gradually shapes the way I live.

Perhaps that is enough for this morning:

Not perfect faith.
Not impressive faith.
Just sincere faith for today.


🙏 Small Prayer

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for another morning.

Teach me to trust You sincerely—not only when life is easy to understand, but also when I cannot see what comes next.

Give me a pure heart, a good conscience, and a faith that grows quietly through everyday choices.

When worry comes, remind me to return it to You. When I am tempted to rush ahead, teach me to wait. When I know the next faithful step, give me courage to take it.

As I learn new languages, make me curious, patient, and attentive to others.

Today, help me live the words I practiced:

I trust You each day.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.

— HappyKay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.