What Does “Grace Changes Me” Sound Like in Three Languages?
What Does “Grace Changes Me” Sound Like in Three Languages?
HappyKay Language Journal · August 11, 2026
French · Chinese · Spanish · Faith-Based Daily Learning
Scripture for Today
“The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.”
— 1 Timothy 1:14
Good morning, my friend.
Today I’m learning a small sentence in French, Chinese, and Spanish:
God’s grace changes me.
Grace is easy to think of as something I receive when I fail. But Paul’s words in 1 Timothy show something more: grace came abundantly, together with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
Perhaps grace does not merely comfort me where I am. As I receive it, God can also use it to shape the way I live.
🟦 FRENCH
Today’s Phrase
La grâce de Dieu me transforme.
Lah grahss duh Dyuh muh trahns-FORM.
Meaning: God’s grace transforms me.
Grammar
transformer · trahns-for-MAY · to transform / change
In French, de Dieu expresses “of God” or “God’s.”
La grâce · lah grahss · grace
de Dieu · duh Dyuh · of God / God’s
me · muh · me
transforme · trahns-FORM · transforms
So:
La grâce de Dieu me transforme.
God’s grace transforms me.
Vocabulary
la grâce · lah grahss · grace
Dieu · Dyuh · God
me · muh · me
transforme · trahns-FORM · transforms / changes
amour · ah-MOOR · love
foi · fwah · faith
Practice Sentence
Sa grâce m’aide à grandir.
Sah grahss med ah grahn-DEER.
Meaning: His grace helps me grow.
A Word to Keep: grâce · grahss · grace
Today’s Thought: Grace gives me room to grow without pretending that I have already arrived.
Smile Fact: French grâce appears in the familiar expression grâce à (grahss ah), meaning “thanks to” or “because of” something positive.
🟥 CHINESE
Today’s Phrase
神的恩典改变我。
Pinyin: Shén de ēndiǎn gǎibiàn wǒ.
Shun duh un-dyen guy-byen woh.
Meaning: God’s grace changes me.
Grammar
A useful Chinese pattern today is:
A + 的 + B
The particle 的 (de) can connect a possessor or descriptor to a noun.
神 · Shén · Shun · God
的 · de · duh · possessive particle
恩典 · ēndiǎn · un-dyen · grace
Together:
神的恩典
Shén de ēndiǎn
Shun duh un-dyen
God’s grace
Then:
改变 · gǎibiàn · guy-byen · change / transform
我 · wǒ · woh · me
Vocabulary
神 · Shén · Shun · God
的 · de · duh · possessive particle
恩典 · ēndiǎn · un-dyen · grace
改变 · gǎibiàn · guy-byen · change / transform
我 · wǒ · woh · I / me
爱 · ài · eye · love
信心 · xìnxīn · sheen-sheen · faith / confidence
Practice Sentence
恩典帮助我成长。
Pinyin: Ēndiǎn bāngzhù wǒ chéngzhǎng.
Un-dyen bahng-joo woh chung-jahng.
Meaning: Grace helps me grow.
A Word to Keep: 恩典 · ēndiǎn · un-dyen · grace
Today’s Thought: I do not have to force every change at once. I can allow grace to keep teaching me.
Smile Fact: 恩 (ēn) carries ideas of kindness or favor, while 典 (diǎn) can refer to something established or honored. 恩典 (ēndiǎn) is commonly used by Chinese-speaking Christians for grace.
🟨 SPANISH
Today’s Phrase
La gracia de Dios me transforma.
Lah GRAH-syah deh DEE-ohs meh trahns-FOR-mah.
Meaning: God’s grace transforms me.
Grammar
transformar · trahns-for-MAHR · to transform
Spanish uses de to express possession in many phrases.
la gracia · lah GRAH-syah · grace
de Dios · deh DEE-ohs · of God / God’s
me · meh · me
transforma · trahns-FOR-mah · transforms
So:
La gracia de Dios me transforma.
God’s grace transforms me.
Vocabulary
gracia · GRAH-syah · grace
Dios · DEE-ohs · God
me · meh · me
transforma · trahns-FOR-mah · transforms
amor · ah-MOR · love
fe · feh · faith
Practice Sentence
Su gracia me ayuda a crecer.
Soo GRAH-syah meh ah-YOO-dah ah kreh-SEHR.
Meaning: His grace helps me grow.
A Word to Keep: gracia · GRAH-syah · grace
Today’s Thought: Grace allows me to notice what needs to change without losing hope.
Smile Fact: You may already know gracias (GRAH-syahs) as “thank you.” It is closely related to gracia, a word connected with grace, favor, and graciousness.
🌿 Life Reflection
Today I learned:
French: La grâce de Dieu me transforme.
Lah grahss duh Dyuh muh trahns-FORM.
Chinese: 神的恩典改变我。
Shén de ēndiǎn gǎibiàn wǒ.
Shun duh un-dyen guy-byen woh.
Spanish: La gracia de Dios me transforma.
Lah GRAH-syah deh DEE-ohs meh trahns-FOR-mah.
God’s grace changes me.
Sometimes I want change to happen quickly. I notice something in myself that needs correcting, and I want to become different immediately.
But growth with God can be quieter than that.
Paul remembered who he had been, yet he also recognized the abundance of grace he had received. Grace did not require him to pretend that his past was different. It met him there—and his life did not remain the same.
That gives me a gentler way to think about my own growth.
I can notice something that needs changing without condemning myself.
I can repent when I need to repent.
I can learn.
I can try again.
And I can trust God with the slow work that I cannot complete in one morning.
Perhaps today I do not need to become an entirely different person.
I only need to remain willing to be taught by grace.
Receive grace.
Practice faith.
Choose love.
Grow a little today.
🙏 Small Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for the grace You give so generously.
When I see the places in my life that still need to change, keep me humble without making me discouraged.
Teach me to receive Your grace, to grow in faith, and to choose love in the ordinary moments of today.
Correct me when I need correction. Give me patience when growth feels slow. And help the grace I receive from You become grace that I extend to others.
As I learn new languages today, give me curiosity, patience, and a willing heart.
May I learn a few new words—and also become a little more like the person You are teaching me to be.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
— HappyKay
Comments
Post a Comment