MAYBE THE REAL STRENGTH IS…

 HAPPYKAY LIFELONG LEARNER · MORNING LETTER


MAYBE THE REAL STRENGTH IS…


What I’m learning about endurance, faith,

and quietly continuing



This morning, one thought stayed with me:


Perhaps one of the rarest strengths

is the ability to endure pain

and still keep moving forward.


It caught my attention because lately,

I have been learning something similar

in a very different place — my faith.



Some relationships do not become peaceful

simply because I want them to.


Sometimes another person’s dislike,

coldness, or misunderstanding can leave

my heart feeling completely torn up inside.


And yet, Sunday comes.


I get ready.

I go to church.

I worship.

I listen to the Word.

I enjoy fellowship.


And lately I have begun to recognize

something quietly beautiful in that.


Faith does not always remove

the difficult thing

before asking me to walk forward.


Sometimes faith looks like

walking with God

while the difficult thing is still there.



THE VERSE THAT CAME BACK TO ME


Jesus’ words about fasting came to mind:


“But when you fast,

put oil on your head and wash your face…”

— Matthew 6:17


Jesus was teaching His disciples

not to display their fasting

for the admiration of other people.


Their Father,

who sees what is done in secret,

sees them.


Lately, those words have begun

to mean something very personal to me.


They do not tell me

that my pain is unreal.


They do not tell me

to pretend everything is fine.


Instead, I hear a quiet invitation:


I DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE

MY SUFFERING THE CENTER OF THE ROOM.


I can bring what hurts

to my Father in secret.


I can wash my face,

get dressed,

and continue walking

in the way His Word teaches me.



A DIFFERENT QUESTION


Even when my heart feels messy,

I can ask:


What would obedience look like here?


Not:


How can I make this person like me?


How can I prove that I am right?


How quickly can I escape this discomfort?


But instead:


Lord,

how can I behave today

in a way that is worthy

of what You have taught me?



MAYBE THIS IS REAL STRENGTH


Today I came across a story

about the ability to tolerate difficulty,

uncertainty, failure, and discomfort.


It made me think about how easily

we admire intelligence, talent,

vision, creativity, and success.


But underneath many worthwhile things

there are often long stretches

of uncertainty, disappointment,

repetition, failure, and waiting.


As a Christian, though,

I see another dimension.


Endurance itself is not my goal.


I do not simply want to become

someone who can tolerate more pain.


I want to become someone

who knows where to go with pain.


To God.



WHEN PAIN BECOMES A TEACHER


Perhaps that is one of the unexpected ways

hardship can become fruitful.


Not because pain itself is good.


Not because every painful situation

should be endured indefinitely.


But because some difficulties

ask questions that comfort

rarely has the opportunity to ask:


Can I still trust God here?


Can I still worship?


Can I still be kind?


Can I refuse to return hatred for hatred?


Can I continue doing what I believe is right

even when nobody notices?


Can I bring the part that hurts

to my Father instead of allowing it

to decide who I become?



I used to think blessing mostly meant

that God would make the road smoother.


I am beginning to wonder

whether sometimes the blessing

looks different.


Perhaps sometimes

He strengthens my feet


FOR THE ROAD

THAT IS NOT SMOOTH.



And strangely,

there can still be joy there.


Walking into church

with a troubled heart

and discovering that worship

is still beautiful.


Sitting among God’s people

and realizing that fellowship

is still a gift.


Hearing His Word

and finding that my heart

can still be redirected.


The problem may not have disappeared.


But neither has God.



SOMETHING I WANT TO REMEMBER


Maybe real strength

is not pretending

that something does not hurt.


Maybe real strength is

not allowing what hurts


TO DECIDE

HOW I WILL LIVE.



REFLECTION


What difficulty in my life

am I asking God to remove —


when He may also be teaching me

how to walk faithfully through it?



ONE SMALL PRACTICE FOR TODAY


When something unsettles me today,

before reacting, I want to quietly ask:


“Father,

what would faithfulness look like

in my next action?”


Then I will try to do

just that one thing.



Maybe the real strength is not

how little pain touches my life.


Maybe it is learning,

little by little,


who I will become

when pain does come.



— HappyKay


Lifelong learning isn’t only about

what I can learn with my mind.


Sometimes it is discovering

what God is teaching my heart

to endure, release,

and keep walking through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.