I’m Tired Tonight, and I Don’t Need to Solve Everything.

 HappyKay Lifegazing | Ending the Day with God

I’m Tired Tonight, and I Don’t Need to Solve Everything

I am very tired today.

Not only the kind of tired that makes me want to go to bed early, but the kind that makes me realize—

I don’t want to figure everything out tonight.

There are things I haven’t finished.

Things I haven’t figured out.

Things I wish had gone differently.

And things I could probably think about for another hour and still not solve.

So tonight, I am choosing something different.

I am going to leave some things unfinished.

The Serenity Prayer comes to mind:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

— commonly attributed to theologian Reinhold Niebuhr

Maybe this is exactly the kind of prayer I need tonight.

Some Things Are Mine to Do

There are things I can change.

I can apologize.

I can try again.

I can speak more gently.

I can make a different decision.

I can take one small step tomorrow.

For those things, Lord, give me courage.

But there are other things I simply cannot control.

Another person’s heart.

What someone thinks of me.

Yesterday.

An outcome I cannot guarantee.

A door that has already closed.

For those things, Lord, give me peace.

And when I cannot tell the difference—

give me wisdom.

Maybe Peace Looks Like This Tonight

Maybe peace doesn’t mean everything has been resolved.

Maybe it simply means I no longer need to carry everything.

I can put today’s worries down.

I can stop replaying conversations.

I can stop trying to predict tomorrow.

I can leave a few questions unanswered.

Not because they don’t matter.

But because they don’t have to be answered tonight.

Tomorrow will have its own work.

Its own decisions.

Its own grace.

Tonight, I can rest.

Before I Sleep

Lord,

thank You for carrying me through another day.

I am tired tonight.

So I come to You without trying to make everything neat and understandable.

For the things I cannot change,
help me release them.

For the things I should change,
give me courage to face them tomorrow.

And when I confuse responsibility with control,
give me wisdom to know the difference.

Quiet the conversations I keep replaying in my mind.

Loosen my grip on the things I cannot fix tonight.

What I could not finish today,
I leave with You.

What I do not yet understand,
I entrust to You.

What someone else chooses to think or do,
I place outside my hands.

And whatever tomorrow brings,
I will meet tomorrow.

For tonight, Lord,

let my heart be still.

Let my home rest.

Let the people I love rest.

And let me sleep peacefully, knowing that while I rest, You remain awake.

Thank You for today.

And tomorrow, if You give me another morning,

I will begin again with You.

Amen.


One Little Thought Before Sleep

I do not have to solve everything tonight.

What I can change,
I can face with courage.

What I cannot change,
I can place in God’s hands.

And when I don’t know the difference,
I can ask Him for wisdom.

That is enough for tonight.

Good night.

May your heart become quiet,
your thoughts become lighter,
and your sleep be peaceful.

— HappyKay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.