HappyKay Language Journal

HappyKay Language Journal


Morning Letter

August 4, 2026


TRUSTING BEFORE I UNDERSTAND


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and do not lean on your own understanding.”


Proverbs 3:5 (ESV)


Good morning, my friend, or good afternoon.


Some days I want to understand everything before I move forward. I want a clear plan, a complete answer, and some assurance that the next step will turn out well.


Yet today’s Scripture gently reminds me that faith often begins before understanding does.


Trusting God does not mean ignoring wisdom or pretending that uncertainty is easy. It means placing what I cannot yet see into the hands of the One who sees the whole road.


That quiet lesson followed me into today’s language study.


Three languages.

Three simple expressions.

One invitation to trust God more deeply.


────────────────────────


🟦 🇫🇷 FRENCH


Je fais confiance à Dieu.


Pronunciation: Zhuh feh kon-FYAHNS ah Dyuh

Meaning: I trust God.


Grammar


Faire confiance à means “to trust” or “to place confidence in.”


Je fais = I do / I make

confiance = trust / confidence

à Dieu = in God


Vocabulary


Je • zhuh • I

fais • feh • do / make

confiance • kon-FYAHNS • trust / confidence

à • ah • to / in

Dieu • dyuh • God


Practice Sentence


Dieu est toujours fidèle.


Pronunciation: Dyuh eh too-ZHOOR fee-DEL

Meaning: God is always faithful.


A Word to Keep


confiance • kon-FYAHNS • trust / confidence


Today’s Thought


Trust does not require me to know every detail. It asks me to place my confidence in the One whose faithfulness does not change.


Smile Fact


In France, it is considered polite to begin with “Bonjour” before asking a question in a shop, café, or bakery. A simple greeting is often seen as an important part of everyday courtesy.


────────────────────────


🟥 🇨🇳 CHINESE


我信靠神。


Pinyin: Wǒ xìnkào Shén

Pronunciation: Woh sheen-kow shun

Meaning: I trust God.


Grammar


信靠 means “to trust” or “to rely on.” It is often used when expressing deep confidence or spiritual trust.


我 = I

信靠 = trust / rely on

神 = God


Vocabulary


我 • wǒ • woh • I

信靠 • xìnkào • sheen-kow • trust / rely on

神 • Shén • shun • God


Practice Sentence


神每天都与我同在。


Pinyin: Shén měitiān dōu yǔ wǒ tóngzài

Pronunciation: Shun may-tyen doh yoo woh tong-dzai

Meaning: God is with me every day.


A Word to Keep


信靠 • xìnkào • sheen-kow • to trust and rely on


Today’s Thought


Trust grows when I remember that God’s presence is not limited to the moments when life feels clear. He remains with me in the waiting, the questions, and the next uncertain step.


Smile Fact


In Mandarin, people often say 加油, jiāyóu, to encourage someone. It literally means “add oil,” but it is used like “Keep going,” “You can do it,” or “Give it your best.”


────────────────────────


🟨 🇪🇸 SPANISH


Confío en Dios.


Pronunciation: Kon-FEE-oh en DEE-ohs

Meaning: I trust in God.


Grammar


Confiar en means “to trust in.”


Confío = I trust

en = in

Dios = God


Vocabulary


confío • kon-FEE-oh • I trust

en • en • in

Dios • DEE-ohs • God


Practice Sentence


Dios siempre permanece fiel.


Pronunciation: DEE-ohs SYEM-preh pehr-mah-NEH-seh fee-EL

Meaning: God always remains faithful.


A Word to Keep


confío • kon-FEE-oh • I trust


Today’s Thought


Faith does not always remove uncertainty, but it gives me somewhere steady to place my heart. I can continue walking because God’s character is more dependable than my changing circumstances.


Smile Fact


Spanish has a beautiful word, sobremesa, for the relaxed time people spend talking together after a meal. The food may be finished, but the conversation and connection continue.


────────────────────────


REFLECTION


Today’s lesson was not only about learning how to say “I trust God” in three languages.


It was also about noticing how easily I ask for understanding before I offer trust.


French gave me confiance, the choice to place my confidence somewhere secure.


Chinese gave me 信靠, the idea of trusting and relying on God rather than standing alone.


Spanish gave me confío, a simple personal declaration: I trust.


Different sounds.

Different words.

The same decision.


I may not understand every part of the road ahead, but I can choose where to place my heart today.


Perhaps trust is not one dramatic moment. Perhaps it is a quiet practice repeated through ordinary life—one prayer, one decision, and one faithful step at a time.


────────────────────────


PRAYER


Heavenly Father,


Thank You for meeting me in Your Word today.


You know how often I want answers before I am willing to move forward. Teach me to seek wisdom while also trusting You with what I cannot yet understand.


Help me place my confidence in Your character, not only in circumstances that feel safe or predictable.


As I continue learning new languages, teach me to listen with patience, speak with kindness, and approach other people and cultures with humility.


May every new word expand not only my knowledge, but also my capacity to love.


Guide my thoughts, my words, and my steps today.


In Jesus’ name,


Amen.


────────────────────────


UNTIL TOMORROW


Tomorrow we will open another passage of Scripture, learn new expressions, and discover another small reason to smile.


Until then, may we continue learning deeply, living faithfully, and trusting God one step at a time.


— HappyKay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runway Inspiration Mary Katrantzou Resort 2027

If AI Does the Beginner’s Work, How Will Our Children Ever Become Experts?

Can Middle and High School Students Take Real College Classes? What I Learned as a Mom.