Good Morning with God
Good Morning with God
Ezekiel 35:1–15
Guarding My Heart
This morning, Ezekiel 35 quietly invited me to examine my own heart.
Edom rejoiced when God’s people suffered. Instead of grieving, they looked for gain. Instead of compassion, they chose resentment and hostility.
As I read, I realized this passage is not only about Edom.
It also asks me an honest question.
Have I ever envied someone else’s blessings?
Have I quietly felt satisfied when someone I struggled to love experienced failure?
Have I been too quick to explain another person’s hardships while forgetting how much grace I myself have received?
Lord, forgive me.
I confess that compassion does not naturally grow in my heart.
Without Your Spirit, I can easily become proud, judgmental, and unkind.
Forgive me for the moments when I have looked at others with criticism instead of mercy.
Apart from Your grace, I too could fall.
Teach me not to be troubled by the success of evil, nor to take pleasure when another person stumbles.
Remind me that I also stand each day only because of Your mercy.
Father,
Grant me wisdom and favor today.
As I begin this day with Your Word, help me understand it more deeply than simply reading the words on the page.
Let Your Word search my heart before I ever examine someone else’s.
Shape my heart to become more like Yours—
slow to judge,
quick to show mercy,
and always grateful for the grace You have poured out on me.
Amen.
Today’s Reflection
As I finished today’s meditation, one thought quietly remained with me.
The opposite of Edom’s heart is the heart of Christ.
Instead of rejoicing when people fell, Jesus met them with mercy and gently called them back to God.
That reminds me that the purpose of God’s Word is not simply to help me recognize sin in others, but to allow Him to transform my own heart first.
Lord, let my heart become more like Yours today.
— HappyKay
Comments
Post a Comment