DOES THE LOVE OF JESUS EVER FEEL TOO MUCH?
DOES THE LOVE OF JESUS EVER FEEL TOO MUCH?
Learning to Carry His Greater Love
Sometimes I wonder whether the love I offer is comforting—or whether it feels like too much.
Am I loving well? Am I truly becoming more like Jesus, or am I simply loving in the way that feels natural to me?
Then another question comes to my heart:
Has the love of Jesus ever felt overwhelming to me?
His love is greater than anything I know how to give. It reaches into the places I try to hide. It forgives what I cannot repair. It remains faithful even when I am inconsistent, distracted, or slow to respond. His love does not disappear when I fail to recognize it.
Yet the love of Jesus is never controlling. He does not use love to demand a certain response from me. He calls, waits, corrects, forgives, and continues to love. His love is powerful, but it is also patient. It draws near without taking away my freedom.
“We love because he first loved us.”
— 1 John 4:19 NIV
Perhaps learning to love like Jesus does not begin with trying harder to give more love. Perhaps it begins with receiving His love more deeply.
When I know that I am already loved by Him, I do not need another person’s response to prove that my love was worthwhile. I can offer care without secretly asking for reassurance. I can remain tender without holding too tightly. I can give someone room without withdrawing my love.
Jesus said:
“As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”
— John 13:34 NIV
He did not ask us to manufacture perfect love from our limited hearts. He asked us to love from the love we have first received from Him.
To love like Jesus is not always to speak more, do more, or draw closer. Sometimes it means listening. Sometimes it means waiting. Sometimes it means giving space. Sometimes it means quietly praying and trusting God to care for the person in ways we cannot.
A greater love is not measured only by its intensity. It is also revealed through patience, wisdom, humility, and freedom.
Lord, enlarge my heart with Your love. Teach me to love without making my care a burden for another person. Help me recognize when to speak, when to listen, when to draw near, and when to leave room.
Keep my love from becoming centered on the response I receive. Let it become gentler, freer, and more faithful because it comes from You.
I cannot love exactly as Jesus loves through my own strength. But I can receive His great love, carry it within me, and allow Him to shape the way it flows through my life.
Praying. Waiting. Trusting God.
With hope for what He will do.
Ta-ta, HappyKay 🤍
EDITORIAL NOTE
This post reflects my personal faith, reflection, and learning. I use AI as a creative tool to help organize my thoughts, refine my English, and assist with some illustrations. I encourage readers to return to Scripture itself, consider each passage in its full biblical context, and prayerfully reflect for themselves.
Comments
Post a Comment