An extraordinary day on an ordinary Thursday.
FAITH | A Small Testimony from an Ordinary Day
Today was not a particularly happy day.
I have been dealing with tooth pain, and when you are in pain, even ordinary things can suddenly feel heavy. My mood was down. I was worried. And underneath all of it was the question I could not answer:
What is going to happen?
This morning, Psalm 143 felt unusually close to me.
David cries out to God for help. He asks God to hear him, to show him the way he should go, and to deliver him because he has placed his trust in Him.
Today, my prayer was much smaller and much more ordinary.
Lord, please help me with this tooth pain.
Please show me Your helping hand.
Please lead me to the right people.
The truth is, I know very little about what is happening inside my tooth. I don’t know which dentist will ultimately be the right one. I don’t know whether the treatment will go exactly as hoped. I don’t even know yet what Monday will bring.
God knows what I cannot know.
So today, I prayed.
And then something rather unexpected happened.
In a single day, I was able to see the dentist I needed. I was also connected with an endodontic specialist, and an appointment for a root canal was arranged for Monday morning.
Living in the United States, I know how difficult it can sometimes be to coordinate medical or dental appointments quickly. So as one door after another opened today, I kept thinking,
How did all of this happen in one day?
I still don’t know what the outcome will be.
Maybe after Monday I will understand today’s events differently. I don’t want to call something God’s answer simply because events happened the way I wanted them to.
But there was one more small moment that touched me.
At the endodontist’s office, quiet instrumental hymns were playing.
I was sitting there worried about my tooth, surrounded by all the unfamiliar sounds and equipment of a dental office—and then I recognized the peaceful sound of hymns.
My heart settled a little.
It felt like such a small thing.
And yet, at that moment, it didn’t feel small to me.
Today reminded me that faith does not always mean knowing how the story will end.
Sometimes faith is simply saying,
“Lord, I cannot see what comes next. You can.”
I don’t know yet whether the people I met today will ultimately be the people who help me. I pray that God gives the dentist and specialist wisdom, careful hands, and good judgment. I pray that Monday’s treatment goes safely and well.
But tonight, before knowing any of those answers, I want to remember today.
I was hurting.
I was worried.
I prayed.
And somehow, in one day, the people I needed were placed along my path.
And in a room where I was afraid, a hymn was playing.
Maybe this is one of the quiet ways grace sometimes enters an ordinary day—not always by immediately removing the trouble, but by giving us enough help, enough direction, and enough peace to take the next step.
“Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk.”
— Psalm 143:8 (KJV)
Tonight, I still don’t know what Monday will bring.
But I know who knows.
And for tonight, that is enough.
-HappyKay
Editorial Note
This is a personal reflection from my own faith journey and an ordinary day in my life. AI was used as a creative tool to help me organize my thoughts and refine my English. This is not medical advice, nor is it meant to suggest that every difficult circumstance will unfold in the same way. For faith reflections, I always encourage readers to return to Scripture itself, read it in context, and reflect prayerfully for themselves.
Comments
Post a Comment